You know what’s stressful? House hunting! You know what’s not? Eating tacos. Ben and I saw our 23rd-26th houses this weekend and ended with nothing. We decided to make ourselves feel better, we wanted to hunker down and have a movie party! Just our little family. Ben made one of my all time favorite meals-honey Ginger shrimp tacos with corn salsa, and cilantro lime Cole slaw. Ugh, it’s so good!
Ben cooking dinner is also one of my all time favorite things. Charlotte and I just cuddled on the couch watching a movie-with the exception of a few sous-chef responsibilities. It was so perfectly relaxing and made us forget all of our “WE MIGHT BE HOMELESS” woes.
Shrimp Taco Ingredients
- -3Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3/4 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1Tbs Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2TBS corn starch mixed with 2 Tbs water
- Cole slaw mix
- Mayo (to Taste)
- Salt and pepper
- the first 5 ingredients together to make the sauce.
- In a different bowl toss the shrimp with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Place the shrimp in an even layer in the pan.
- Sear each side of the shrimp, about 1-2 minutes each side or until they are completely pink
- Remove shrimp and let them rest
- Pour sauce into pan and heat to simmer. Once simmering, add corn starch mixture. Cook til it thickens
- Toss shrimp in sauce before serving
Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw
- Mix the coleslaw mix with however much mayo, lime, cilantro salt and pepper you prefer, about 4 TBS mayo for a whole bag, one bunch of cilantro, one juiced lime.
- Corn Salsa
- 3 cans of corn
- 2 jalapeños chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Lime or lime juice
Mix together and let sit (if possible) for about an hour.